Registering Your Vehicle in California

Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in California quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.

For Fast Service:

What You Need

  • California Certificate of Title or an Application for Duplicate or Transfer of Title  (if the title is missing).
  • The signature(s) of seller(s) and lienholder (if any).
  • The signature(s) of buyer(s).
  •  Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment (REG 262) form
  • Bill of Sale
  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Valid Insurance

You May Also Need:

  • A completed Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment form.
  • A Statement of Facts form.
  • Smog certification.
  • Vehicle Emission System Statement (SMOG) form.
  • A Declaration of Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)/Combined Gross Vehicle Weight (CGW) form (if you are purchasing a commercial vehicle).

Learn More

VIN Verification and Smog inspections to be completed on vehicles in the state of California. 

Originals must accompany all DMV paperwork

Your vehicle does not need a smog inspection if your:

  • Gasoline-powered vehicle is a 1975 year model or older (This includes motorcycles and trailers.)
  • Diesel-powered vehicle is a 1997 and older year model OR with a Gross Vehicle Weight of more than 14,000 pounds.
  • Powered by natural gas and weighs more than 14,000 pounds. 
  • An electric vehicle.
  • Gasoline-powered and less than eight model-years old.