Registering Your Vehicle in Nevada

Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Nevada quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.

For Fast Service:

Mandatory with all transactions

  • Title, or a security agreement from a financial institution
  • Nevada Evidence of Insurance
  • Nevada Emission Vehicle Inspection Report if required (dated within past 90 days)
  • Vehicle Identification Number Inspection if required
  • Current Odometer Reading
  • Valid Nevada License
  • Bill of Sale
  • Power of Attorney
  • Application for vehicle registration
  • VIN inspections are required for all vehicles and can be completed out of state.

Used vehicles over 2 years old in the following counties must be completed in the state of Nevada

  • Clarke
  • Washoe

Learn More

If you are buying a vehicle from a private party or receiving a vehicle as a gift, you must have a properly signed-off title to register the vehicle and transfer ownership. A Bill of Sale by itself is not acceptable. If the seller does not have a title, the owner of record will have to apply for a duplicate from the state where the vehicle was last titled.

The current odometer reading must be entered if the vehicle is model year 2011 or newer, even if the title itself indicates the vehicle is exempt.

If the seller has a loan or lease on the vehicle, this must be satisfied and the lienholder or lessor must deliver the title before the vehicle can be sold. This can be a lengthy process if the title has been misplaced or is being held by an out-of-state lender or lessor. Subleasing and “take over payments” arrangements are illegal.

If there is a private arrangement for payments or other interest in the vehicle, anyone may become a lienholder on the vehicle by completing the lienholder section of the title.

If the buyer is obtaining outside financing, most financial institutions will require the title. The institution will submit the title to DMV, become a lienholder and receive the new title. In this case, the security agreement from a licensed financial institution can take the place of a title for registration.