Registering Your Vehicle in South Carolina
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in South Carolina quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
- Proof of Identity of all buyer(s)/co-buyer(s)
- Valid South Carolina Insurance
- Completed Title Application (SCDMV Form 400).
- Completed Statement of Vehicle Operation in South Carolina (SCDMV Form TI-006), if applicable – Required only if you do not have an SC Driver’s License or ID.
- First assignment completed on title: buyer’s name and address, lienholder information (if applicable), odometer reading, sales price, date of sale, seller’s signature, buyer’s signature. If assignment on title does not have section for sales price, a bill of sale must accompany paperwork.
- If requesting new plate, paid property tax receipt in new owner’s name.
- If transferring plate, current license plate number (plates cannot transfer from one owner to another).
- South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney
If you hold the title to your vehicle and sell the vehicle to another person, you must sign the title over to the buyer and include all of the following on the back of the title:
Odometer reading at the time of sale
If the person who bought the vehicle from you is making payments on it, you, as the seller, must complete Section F of the buyer’s Title Application (SCDMV Form 400). You will be considered the lien holder for that vehicle. The title will be mailed to you. The same information above applies when you’re adding or removing the name of an owner.