Registering Your Vehicle in North Carolina
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in North Carolina quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
- Valid North Carolina driver license or ID
- Power of Attorney (From Customer to Dealer / from Dealer to South Jersey Auto Tags OR From Customer to South Jersey Auto Tags for private sales)
- Proof of North Carolina Insurance
- Bill of Sale
- Lien Release (if applicable)
- Damage Disclosure Statement
- Lien Recording Application (if applicable)
For new North Carolina residents, a valid out-of-state driver license and their North Carolina Temporary Driving Certificate are required.
For vehicles owned by more than one individual, all signatures on required documents must be notarized and accompanied by a black-and-white copy of the alternate owner’s valid driver license or ID.
If transferring a vehicle between spouses, a parent and child or a stepparent and stepchild, the recipient is exempt from the highway-use tax upon completion of the Highway-Use Tax Exemption Certificate (MVR-613).
The exemption is applicable to North Carolina residents transferring a North Carolina title to another North Carolina resident.