Registering Your Vehicle in Delaware
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Delaware quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Registering your vehicle in Delaware
- Inspection paperwork must accompany title work
- Application for Title – Must be signed by all owners or accompanied by notarized power of attorney
- Out of State Title (The title must be an original NOT a copy)
- Proof of valid liability insurance on the vehicle being titled. (COPIES NOT ACCEPTED)
- Power of Attorney
- Dealer’s Bill of Sale.
- Delaware driver’s license or proper identification required.
- Companies must provide a copy of their valid Delaware business license.
ieAll vehicles being titled for the first time in Delaware must be inspected. There is an exception for new vehicles never titled in any state sold by dealers who provide the buyer a Delaware Application for Title. These vehicles are not required to be inspected. The newest seven model years of vehicles, weighing 10,000 pounds or less and being titled for the first time in Delaware, may only be required to have a vehicle identification number (VIN) verification.
Valid proof of insurance can be the insurance policy, a Delaware insurance card verifying liability, or assignment notice or binder. Whatever is presented must identify the vehicle or the fact that all vehicles owned by applicant are properly insured.)
Vehicle must be presented for a safety inspection at one of our Motor Vehicle Division inspection stations. (SAFETY INSPECTION VALID FOR 90 DAYS.)