Registering Your Vehicle in Virginia
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Virginia quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
Registering your vehicle in Virginia
- Proof of Identity / Address
- Proof of Valid Virginia Insurance
- Completed Application for Title and Registration (VSA 17A)
- Title (Properly filled out and assigned over to you as the buyer)
- Current Odometer reading
- Proof of purchase / Buyer’s Order / Vehicle Price Certification (Bill of Sale) (SUT 1) signed by the seller and purchaser
- South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney
Your vehicle must pass an annual safety inspection and display a valid safety inspection sticker before it can be operated in Virginia.
An emissions inspection is required on your vehicle if it is garaged in the following Counties
- Prince William
OR in the cities of
- Falls Church
- Manassas Park
Motorcycles are not required to have an emissions inspection.
When titling in the name of a business, the applicant should include the business name, applicant’s name, and the applicant’s position with the business. For quality assurance purposes, provide the company Employer Identification Number (EIN).