Registering Your Vehicle in Wisconsin
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Wisconsin quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Wisconsin Insurance
- The Certificate of Title (not a photocopy) signed by the previous owner. If there are any alterations on the title, complete Statement of Intent (MV2489)
- Wisconsin Title and License Plate application (MV1) (make a copy for your records)
- Lein information / release (if applicable)
- South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney
Vehicles require an emissions test
The following vehicles are exempt from emissions testing requirements (but removal or tampering with emissions equipment on any of the listed motor vehicles is prohibited):
- Model year 1995 and older vehicles.
- Model year 1996 and newer vehicles that are not OBDII-compliant (must be verified at a test station).
- Diesel powered vehicles with a model year 2006 and older.
- Motorcycles and mopeds.
- Vehicles with a gross weight rating over 14,000 lbs.
- Model year 2006 and older vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) over 8,500 pounds
- Trucks with farm registration.
- Non-motorized vehicles.
- School buses and human service vehicles with seating capacity of 16 or more people.
- Vehicles registered as special design vehicles, Medal of Honor and apportioned plates.
- Electric powered vehicles.
Note: Hybrid vehicles using electric power and gasoline/diesel fuel are subject to inspection.