Registering Your Vehicle in New Mexico
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in New Mexico quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory Documentation with all transactions
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) – The original MCO, not a copy.
- Purchase Agreement/Dealer’s Invoice/Bill of Sale – Must be the original or a certified copy.
- Odometer Statement – One of the following:
- Odometer mileage statement on the back of the MCO
- Odometer Mileage Statement | MVD Form 10187
- Application for Title and Registration | MVD Form 10002
- Proof of Insurance
- (2) Proofs of New Mexico Residency
- New Mexico Driver’s License
- Power of Attorney
In New Mexico, drivers must operate their motor vehicles with a minimum of liability auto insurance. Minimum auto liability insurance amounts required in New Mexico are:
$25,000 for bodily injury to or death of one person,
$50,000 for bodily injury to or death of two or more persons, and
$10,000 for property damage in any one accident.
Emission Certificate of Inspection – Only required for Bernalillo County residents
Original document is needed and is only valid for 30 days
Only required for vehicles coming to New Mexico from another state.
The vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection is usually done by a MVD agent at a MVD Field Office. However, not all Field Offices perform VIN inspections, and some require an advance appointment.