Registering Your Vehicle in Ohio
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Ohio quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory Documentation with all transactions
- Original title assigned to the buyer
- Application(s) for Certificate of Title to a Motor Vehicle (form BMV 3774)
- Acceptable identification
- An out-of-state vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection (if title is from outside of Ohio)
- Inspections can be obtained at any Ohio deputy registrar license agency or an Ohio licensed motor vehicle dealership
- Lien holder notation (if applicable)
- Lien release from your lien holder if you don’t have the paper title showing lien discharge signed by your lienholder (if applicable)
- For lease transactions only, two original powers of attorney from lessor (one to obtain an Ohio title and one to obtain vehicle registration and license plates)
- South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney
All vehicles up to 25 years old and owned by residents of the following counties must be tested every two years:
The buyer will pay sales and use tax on the purchase price of the vehicle.
Title transfers must take place within 30 days of the date of sale, otherwise a late fee will be assessed.
Dual ownership requires both parties to be present unless a notarized power of attorney is provided. Social Security numbers for all parties are required. Photocopies of title are not accepted.
If you choose to have a 45-day temporary tag issued, it must be obtained before you transfer the vehicle title into your name. Once an Ohio title is established, you will only be able to purchase permanent Ohio license plates.
If you have a lien holder, it must be noted on the assignment portion of the title