Registering Your Vehicle in Rhode Island
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Rhode Island quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
- A completed Form T-334-2, also referred to as the Use Tax Return.
- A completed Form TR-2/TR-9, also referred to as the Application for Title.
- A title certificate.
- Lein Release / Lein Holder Information (if applicable)
- Proof of a VIN inspection if you purchased the car in a state other than Rhode Island.
- Proof of your residency in the state of Rhode Island.
- Your ID card or driver’s license for Rhode Island.
- A bill of sale that has been completed.
- Proof of Rhode Island Insurance
- Power of Attorney
VIN inspection required on all used vehicles and the original is required to accompany the Motor Vehicle Work
Rhode Island does not require a person to apply for a new title once the lien has been satisfied. RI only requires the lien to be released by your lien holder signing off on the title and/or providing you with a letter of lien release to attach to the title.
You can only apply for a duplicate title if you are the owner listed on the original title. If you still have a lien on the vehicle, the lienholder can apply.
If your title has a lienholder listed on it but you’ve paid off the loan, you will need an original lien release from the lienholder and present it with your application.