Registering Your Vehicle in Utah
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Utah quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
- Certificate of Title
- Odometer Disclosure statement (if applicable)
- Application for Utah Title –
- Driver License
- Emissions Inspection Certificates
- VIN/HIN Inspection – Inspections of identification numbers are required for all vehicles or vessels to be titled in Utah for the first time. Emissions inspection certificates are acceptable means of verification for your vehicle providing that the VIN is accurate on the inspection certificate.
- Proof of Insurance
- South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney
The seller must provide you either the original certificate of title or a completed Form TC-123, Application for Duplicate Utah Title.
- Make sure the Vehicle or Hull Identification Number (VIN/HIN) on the document matches the VIN/HIN on the vehicle.
- Make sure the seller has signed where necessary to release their ownership of the vehicle. Note that the Application for Duplicate Utah Title requires the seller to sign in two places.
- Make sure the previous lien holder, if there is one printed on the face of the certificate of title, has signed to release their lien on the vehicle.
- Make sure that the purchase date and purchase price are correctly filled in.
- Make sure that the odometer disclosure section has been completed if the vehicle is less than 20 years old. You may also use a properly completed Form TC-891, Odometer Disclosure Statement filled out and signed by the owner and the buyer.
Emissions Inspection is required for the following Counties
- Salt Lake
- Utah County
If the vehicle is leased, make sure the lessor has provided their power of attorney, a billing statement, and their Utah sales tax number.