Registering Your Vehicle in Tennessee
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Tennessee quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin OR A valid certificate of title
- New vehicle’s invoice OR Certification of Ownership/Bill of Sale
- Odometer disclosure statement (if applicable)
- Copy of current registration if transferring your license plate
- Affidavit of Non-Dealer Transfers (For gift, low selling, or lineal relative vehicle transfers)
- Passed emissions certificate (if applicable)
- Multi-purpose, Noting of Lien, and Duplicate Title Application (if applicable and Lien is on vehicle)
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Insurance
- South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney
Residents in the State of Tennessee residing in a county with mandatory testing must get their vehicles to pass a vehicle emissions test before being able to obtain a Tennessee vehicle registration or registration renewal. New Tennessee residents that move to qualified counties have similar requirements.
Counties requiring Emissions/Smog Testing
Vehicles passing inspection receive a vehicle inspection report with a tear-off certificate of compliance. In some cases, electronic notification of vehicles passing inspection is sent directly to county clerks.
Vehicles not passing the inspection will receive a vehicle inspection report with the reason(s) the vehicle failed. Temporary Operation Permits shall not be issued due to failed emissions.