Registering Your Vehicle in Florida
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Florida quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Registering your vehicle in Florida
In Florida, to obtain a certificate of title you must, at minimum, have the following:
- Proof of identity (required for all owners)
- Proof of ownership
- Proof of required insurance coverage.
- Complete an Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration
Proof of identity (required for all owners)
Proof of Florida Insurance
A completed Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration
Please note: Some situations may require additional documentation.
When registering a vehicle the following will be required from a dealership:
- Power of attorney from the customer to the dealership
- Power of attorney form the dealership to South Jersey Auto Tags
- Application for Certificate of Title
- Filled out and signed Title with Reassignment if applicable
- Lein information (if applicable)
- Vin Verification
- Customer’s proof of insurance
- Copy of buyer & co-buyer’s license front and back
- Social Security number of buyer & co-buyer
In the state of Florida, all license plates are required to be replaced every 10 years
Customers may renew their vehicle for a period of one or two years and may renew up to three months in advance of the registration expiration. Vehicle registrations expire at midnight on the first owner’s birth date unless the owner is a business.
All used vehicles require VIN Verification completed on dealership letterhead purchased from.