Registering Your Vehicle in Oregon
Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Oregon quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.
For Fast Service:
Mandatory with all transactions
- A completed Title Application
- Original title or ownership document (certificate of origin if new vehicle);
- Original lien releases from any previous security interest holders;
- Original releases or bills of sale from any previous owners;
- An odometer disclosure between you and the seller, if required (may be in the transfer area on the title or a separate disclosure form);
- If the vehicle has an out-of-state or foreign title, a vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection is required
- If you bought the vehicle from an out-of-state dealer and it is brand new or has 7,500 miles or less, you may need a Use Tax Certificate;
- Proof of Identity for all purchasers and co-purchasers
- Proof of Oklahoma Insurance
- South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney
If your vehicle is less than 10 years old, you must have an odometer disclosure.
You do NOT need an odometer disclosure for:
- Vehicles not manufactured with an odometer;
- Vehicles 10 years old or older;
- Vehicles that are not self-propelled, such as trailers or campers;
- Vehicles with a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating over 16,000 pounds;
- Class 1 ATVs;
- Snowmobiles; and
- Title transfers when at least one owner is staying on the title.
The seller and buyer of a vehicle must complete the odometer disclosure using:
- The space on the back of the title; or
- A Secure Odometer Disclosure form
If you bought a vehicle less than 10 years old and the title is lost or destroyed, the seller must get a replacement title. The odometer reading can be disclosed on the back of the new title.
If you have a loan on the vehicle, contact your lien holder. They will probably have you provide the documents to them and they will submit your application to DMV.