Registering Your Vehicle in Oregon

Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Oregon quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.

For Fast Service:

Mandatory with all transactions

  •  A completed Title Application
  • Original title or ownership document (certificate of origin if new vehicle);
  • Original lien releases from any previous security interest holders;
  • Original releases or bills of sale from any previous owners;
  • An odometer disclosure between you and the seller, if required (may be in the transfer area on the title or a separate disclosure form);
  • If the vehicle has an out-of-state or foreign title, a vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection is required
  • If you bought the vehicle from an out-of-state dealer and it is brand new or has 7,500 miles or less, you may need a Use Tax Certificate;
  • Proof of Identity for all purchasers and co-purchasers
  • Proof of Oklahoma Insurance
  • South Jersey Auto Tags Power of Attorney

Learn More

 If your vehicle is less than 10 years old, you must have an odometer disclosure.

You do NOT need an odometer disclosure for:

  • Vehicles not manufactured with an odometer;
  • Vehicles 10 years old or older;
  • Vehicles that are not self-propelled, such as trailers or campers;
  • Vehicles with a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating over 16,000 pounds;
  • Class 1 ATVs;
  • Snowmobiles; and
  • Title transfers when at least one owner is staying on the title.

The seller and buyer of a vehicle must complete the odometer disclosure using:

  • The space on the back of the title; or
  • A Secure Odometer Disclosure form 

If you bought a vehicle less than 10 years old and the title is lost or destroyed, the seller must get a replacement title.  The odometer reading can be disclosed on the back of the new title. 

If you have a loan on the vehicle, contact your lien holder.  They will probably have you provide the documents to them and they will submit your application to DMV.