Registering Your Vehicle in Hawaii

Here at South Jersey Auto Tags we help auto dealers in Hawaii quickly get the registrations, tags, and titles they need in a timely manner to ensure that the sales process goes off without a hitch. We invite you to contact us or fill out our online quote form for fast service.

For Fast Service:

What You Need:

  • Completed title
    •  Fill in the odometer reading for vehicles that are 10 years or less; vehicles 11 years or older are not required to have the odometer reading.
    • Date, print and sign your name; if there are joint owners, both owners must date, print and sign their name.
    •  If the title is defaced or mutilated, the legal owner(s) on record must apply for a duplicate title. (CS-L(MVR)10 Application for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title)
    •  If there is a lienholder, the lienholder must complete Section B.
    •  Completed Notice of Transfer form that is located on the top of the Certificate of Title.
    •  Complete Section D – Application for transfer by new registered owner(s); if the vehicle is to be jointly registered, both parties must sign.
  •  Last-issued Certificate of Registration.
  • State of Hawaii Safety Inspection Certificate
  • Application for Registration, which must be signed by you, the registered owner(s) and countersigned by a licensed vehicle dealer (if applicable)
  • Submit a current Hawaii Vehicle Inspection Certificate.
  • If you are an active duty service member stationed in Hawaii and a non-resident of this state, you must submit the Non-Resident Certificate, Form CS-L (MVR) 50, available from your military personnel office or your military unit.
  • Power of Attorney
  • Lien Release  (if applicable)
  • Bill of Sale (if applicable)
  • Copy of valid driver’s license
  • Valid Insurance

Learn More

Vehicles that are 10 years or less; vehicles 11 years or older are not required to have the odometer reading.  

If the lienholder did not complete Section B, than a lien satisfaction letter may be submitted in lieu of the lienholder’s endorsement. 

If the Notice of Transfer has been previously detached, you may complete the CS-L(MVR)53 Notice of Transfer form.

If there is a new lienholder, the new lienholder must complete Section E – Application for transfer by new lienholder 

If the last-issued Certificate of Registration has expired you will also be required to pay the annual registration renewal.

If the vehicle registration is delinquent, as the new owner, you will be assessed for all delinquent taxes for prior years that the vehicle has not been legally registered.

 If you are an active duty military service member, you may also submit a properly completed

Non-Resident Certificate form CS-L(MVR)50 or Resident Certificate form CS-L(MVR)50A,

which are available from your military unit or military personnel office.